Sunday 20 October 2013

The Pantheon and Santa Maria sopra Minerva

On Friday me and Liv finished university at 2 so we decided to go and do some sightseeing. Since we have started university we have had barely any time to visit anything. University has been very stressful so it was a really nice reminder of why I am here , which is to enjoy this beautiful city. We went to the Pantheon and to the only gothic church in Rome, Santa Maria sopra Minerva. The Pantheon is extremely stunning as you can see from my photos but I was more impressed by the church. Unfortunately my camera ran of battery so I had to use the camera on my phone and the photos do not do it justice. It is so beautiful and magnificent inside- I could have spent a whole day in there! 

The ceiling of the Pantheon

Pantheon

Pantheon


Pantheon


Santa Maria sopra Minerva

Santa Maria sopra Minerva


Santa Maria sopra Minerva

Santa Maria sopra Minerva

Santa Maria sopra Minerva

Piazza Colonna


Pantheon

Piazza di Minerva

Pantheon

Pantheon

No comments:

Post a Comment